Thursday, August 14, 2014

Food (August 2014) by Katie

We really jumped around this summer. From Finland, to Palestine, to Nepal, to Thailand. Each destination a culinary delight. And each stop with its own vice.


In Finland it was ciders and beer. Our friends were eager to show off the lush-ness of Finland. And we obliged.


In Palestine it was shisha. I'm not normally a fan of 'sweet'. The more it tastes like smoke or just like 'burning', the more I tend to like it (I have a theory this is why I wasn't as bothered by the tear gas as Keith). But the hookah I like.


In Nepal it was fried food. Especially Josh's Didi's fried cabbage and potato cakes. Mmmm.


And in Thailand, it was the sugar. I hadn't remembered what sugar-laden menu I enjoyed in Chiang Mai. Sweet teas and coffees. Banana and corn rotti. And sugar on the garlic bread. But then again, they sprinkle salt on their strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment