Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Another World (February 2014) by Kate

I'm not really a writer, but here's a few things I can share with you all about my world right now:

This new place is not as I expected. I am different here, I spend my time differently. I care a lot about the quality of wood for the fire but not as much about my to do list for the day. I feel the gravity of our decision to come here, but I don't worry as much.

I love chopping wood and hanging the laundry, but I find dreaming and planning exhausting. I feel welcome in these woods and I've discovered that I don't mind stinkbugs. But I don't deal well with the cold.


I'm not at home. It feels like I'm living in someone else's house. ..someone tall and strong, and braver than me. I'm not sure where my home is. I had thought I would feel settled and this would feel like home by now. But I can see now that I'm here that it may take a long time. I suppose this is ok.



I have a lot of hopes for who I can be here and what I can do. But I think I need to go about it all gently. I feel most at home now with you all, dear friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment